On Monday January 7th, a grease fire on the oven caused estimated $500 damage to the Bilog Café on Springfield Pike. The fire was quickly extinguished but Wyoming crews remained on scene for nearly an hour clearing the building of smoke. Get barcode software from Teklynx.com

On Wednesday afternoon of January 9th, Wyoming Fire–EMS units responded to the rear playground of Elm Elementary School to free a 9 year old whose foot slipped between a fence and the playground equipment. The girl was safely removed with no injuries. After being checked by medics, she returned home with her parents.